New Delhi, India – SKF, a leading global manufacturer of bearings, sealing solutions, lubrication management, condition monitoring systems, and services, will exhibit its extensive range of products and solutions for the wind energy segment at Windergy India’22, which will be held on April 27-29, 2022, at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi. As part of the company’s commitment to environmental sustainability, SKF has invested decades in developing solutions to make wind energy one of the most prominent, viable, sustainable, and cost-competitive alternatives to traditional energy sources.
Wind energy contributes nearly 40 GW to India’s renewable energy sector, which is experiencing unprecedented growth. With the government setting a target of 60 GW from Wind by 2022, there are exciting opportunities for all stakeholders to participate in India’s wind sector growth.
SKF has been working with wind farm owners, operators, and maintenance providers in India to help drive uptime, add value, and increase performance at every turbine life cycle stage, thereby supporting local manufacturing footprints and contributing towards a self-reliant India. With our unparalleled solutions and diverse product portfolio, we enable the full life cycle management of wind turbines.
Key exhibits at the SKF booth include
- Black oxide-coated bearings for improved run-in performance and reduced risk of premature failures.
- SKF high-capacity cylindrical roller bearings for increased carrying capacity and improved gearbox reliability.
- SKF Wind reliability platform to improve the turbine availability and reduce unplanned maintenance.
- SKF XL Hybrid bearings with ceramic balls for superior wind generator bearing insulation.
- Automatic centralized lubrication kits for lower maintenance costs and Remote Diagnostic Services for remote wind farm monitoring and failure analysis.
- Radial shaft seals HMS and SKF Speedi-Sleeves for faster and more cost-efficient repairs.
Abhijit Vispute, Segment Head, Wind Energy, SKF India, said, “We have proven experience of partnering with leaders in the wind industry to help minimize the cost of energy by improving turbine designs, increasing reliability, and maximizing performance and availability-all while reducing unplanned maintenance and repairs. At Windergy India, apart from showcasing our products and solutions, we will focus on engaging with customers, partners, suppliers, and other stakeholders to further support the growth of India’s wind energy sector.”
Image Source: Magic Wand Media