The manufacturing community is jubilant at the comeback of the much-awaited show on metal cutting and manufacturing IMTEX 2023. The trade fair, which has been helping business entities remain relevant in the changing times and stay ahead of the technology curve, will be in its bigger and better avatar, with Tooltech and Digital Manufacturing as its concurrent shows.The manufacturing community is jubilant at the comeback of the much-awaited show on metal cutting and manufacturing IMTEX 2023. The trade fair, which has been helping business entities remain relevant in the changing times and stay ahead of the technology curve, will be in its bigger and better avatar, with Tooltech and Digital Manufacturing as its concurrent shows.
The 20th edition of South and South East Asia’s largest exhibition on metal cutting and manufacturing technologies, IMTEX 2023, is around the corner. Coming back as an in-person exhibition after a gap of four years, IMTEX 2023 has Tooltech and Digital Manufacturing as concurrent shows at Bangalore International Exhibition Centre (BIEC), Bengaluru, from January 19-25, 2023.
The exhibition is timely as the Machine Tool industry is doing well in terms of production and consumption, with healthy order bookings in the coming quarters. IMTEX 2023 will play a significant role in connecting the various user sectors with the builders of machine tools, accessories, and solution providers. Stakeholders from sectors such as Auto, Auto Components, Tool & Dies, Aerospace, Defence, Railways, Power, Medical Equipment, General Engineering, and more can network with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), displaying the latest technologies, launching new products, and giving a glimpse of nascent developments. Visitors can interact with many players in one place to keep themselves abreast of trends, national and international, and take informed decisions. Exhibitors will get an opportunity to compare their products with those of their peers.
Exhibitors from across the world will showcase new products such as high-precision, high-performance, multi-tasking and special-purpose machines, robots, cobots, tools, accessories, manufacturing software, 3D printing solutions, evolving Industry 4.0 hardware, software, and solutions, and much more. OEMs, suppliers, manufacturers, sourcing agents, investors, and researchers, among others, will be at the show to connect with end users and offer products and solutions to various user sectors.
IMTEX is crucial
The Machine Tool industry plays a pivotal role in the growth of the Capital Goods sector, which contributes to the economic growth of a country. IMTEX brings national and international companies on a unified platform for business-to-business deliberations and closer interaction between vendors and customers and facilitates networking among all stakeholders. The turnout of a large number of visitors to the show proves that IMTEX is an important show that one cannot miss, according to Ravi Raghavan, President, IMTMA.
As against other exhibitions organized by specialized event firms, IMTEX is organized by an industry association in a purpose-built venue. IMTMA holds this exhibition not only for the benefit of its member companies but for the entire manufacturing community in India, says Jibak Dasgupta, Director General & CEO, IMTMA and BIEC.
The exhibition is a confluence of minds that are visionary, focused, and innovative, which helps business entities remain relevant in the changing times and stay ahead of the technology curve. For many of the small and medium-scale enterprises, IMTEX is the best avenue to find prospective buyers as they may have limited funds for marketing, adds Dasgupta.
IMTEX 2023, Tooltech 2023 & Digital Manufacturing 2023 — A Sneak Peek
- Held as an in-person event after a span of four years. The last exhibition was held in 2019.
- 850+ exhibitors from 21 countries, including India, are to exhibit
- Occupying around 77,000 sq mt of exhibition space in 5 halls
- Group participation from China, Germany, Korea, Spain, Taiwan, and USA
- International Seminar on Manufacturing Technologies on January 18, 2023, one day prior to IMTEX 2023. The objective of this International Seminar is to present the latest technological developments in manufacturing and allied technologies that users can adopt in their production processes. The seminar will have concurrent sessions on Machining, Work Holding & Tooling, Additive Manufacturing, Enabling Technologies, Emerging Trends, and Automation.
- i2 Academia Pavilion: Fruitful collaboration between industry and academia, when put to good use, can nurture technology development, resulting in industries enhancing their capacities to manufacture high-tech products, bring product diversification, and help localize imports. At i2 Academia Pavilion, premier institutions, including IITs, will be presenting their R&D to industries. Close to 35 institutions have applied, and the shortlisting of colleges that can participate is in progress.
- International Buyer-Seller Meet: To promote exports of machine tools and facilitate market linkages for machine tool exports from India to other countries, IMTMA is organizing an international buyer-seller meet during IMTEX 2023. The Buyer-Seller meet provides a platform for B2B meetings between international and national players to explore the different market needs and opportunities.
- Jagruti is a special initiative in which students will be given a guided tour of the entire IMTEX, including a visit to the IMTMA Technology Centre in BIEC. Students from select engineering institutions will be a part of the 15th JAGRUTI - IMTMA Youth Programme, scheduled for January 21 & 22, 2023.
The best is on its way
Sentiments are highly optimistic in the post-pandemic period, and exhibitors are excited to leverage the buoyant ambiance at IMTEX 2023 to showcase their products and explain their services in person to potential buyers once again, which will positively impact their business. Certainly, more collaborations, investments, and trade are needed despite the prevailing geopolitical challenges. We are confident that IMTEX will provide a platform for industries to explore business avenues during the show.