Waltham, US / Vélizy-Villacoublay, France – Dassault Systèmes has released SOLIDWORKS 2022, the latest version of its portfolio of 3D design and engineering applications used by millions of innovators worldwide. SOLIDWORKS 2022 introduces hundreds of new user-driven enhancements that accelerate innovation while also streamlining and speeding up the product development process from concept to manufacturing. It enhances the capabilities and workflows used every day for design, documentation, data management, and validation by offering a variety of customized and flexible solutions.
New workflows, features, and improvements inspired by the SOLIDWORKS community of users enable innovators to work smarter and faster, creating better products in fewer steps and less time. SOLIDWORKS 2022 also allows them to leverage the collaboration capabilities of Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE platform and gain a competitive advantage by connecting to the 3DEXPERIENCE Works portfolio of solutions.
SOLIDWORKS 2022 includes the following features:
- New workflows and feature enhancements in assembly and part design, drawing detailing, simulation, and product data management.
- New features in parts such as hybrid modeling and the creation of standardized external threads.
- Enhancements to the shortcut bar, configuration management, geometric tolerancing, and other areas of the user interface.
- Improvements to quality and performance when working with large assemblies, importing STEP, IFC, and DXF/DWG files, detailing drawings and managing product data.
- Automatically optimize assembly performance without having to worry about modes or settings.
- Improved display response and quality, with the fastest graphics to date.
- Access to the collaborative digital environment of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform to improve innovation and decision-making.
- Access to the 3DEXPERIENCE Works cloud-based portfolio of expanded design, engineering, simulation, manufacturing, and governance applications.
Image Source: Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corporation